Thursday 28 December 2017

Something old, something new


Spring cleaning has come early!
Rooting through old files recently, I found the following images of earlier work 
I thought I might share them with you!


This collage  (above) was done for a stage poster, long since lost I'm afraid


I rather like this little pencil drawing. It was a study for a much larger oil painting called 'Jealousy'. I had no idea when I started drawing what I was in fact drawing - it just turned out to be this winged rider on a strange horse!

Since then I have painted it again, this time in charcoal and gold paint. 


This photo collage  (above) on acrylic is a study for a portrait of Icarus - the man in Greek legend who flew too near the sun

This picture includes gold paint which is often difficult to handle but seems to work here


The image above is a detail from a large canvas - and my first attempt to work by dribbling paint onto the canvas

What works well here for me is the 'depth' such a painting can achieve, with the eye being drawn deeper and deeper into the recesses the paint forms



Finally, a photograph of a corner of my studio in Carcassonne, SW France where most of the above paintings were made some seven years ago

MIKE HEALEY 

No comments: