Thursday 16 November 2017

Happy Memories


This watercolour costume design is by a British artist who has lived and worked for decades in Venice.
His name is Geoffrey Humphries

I first met him in Venice in 1972 when I was teaching drama there on a six-week, residential course for British students

My students performed my version of Shakespeare's The Tempest and Geoffrey was kind enough to design the costumes for this production


I have spent the larger part of my life travelling 

Twenty years ago I gave this lovely drawing to my sister for safe keeping and a few months ago she kindly gave it back!

It now hangs in my apartment in Kendal

MIKE

Footnote


My adaptation of The Tempest - first devised and written in Venice all those years ago - is now available on Amazon

MIKE'S AMAZON

No comments: